GeoMetrix is looking for talented ambitious professionals! Please see the job descriptions below. Contact our office for additional information.
GeoMetrix has an immediate opening for a Structural Engineer with a strong background in bridges. This Structural Engineer will provide analysis, design, and inspections of bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and foundations.
- Performing structural analysis and design for new bridges and bridge rehabilitation;
- Providing bridge condition inspection and load evaluation;
- Reviewing shop drawings;
- Cost estimating;
- Leading and managing bridge and culvert construction inspections;
- Bachelors of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited university; Master’s Degree preferred;
- Be registered or eligible to be registered with APEGA;
- Minimum three years of structural engineering experience;
- Familiar with structural analysis software such as MIDAS and S-Frame;
- Experience with Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code and CSA standards;
- Experience with seismic design an asset;
- Previous field experience is considered an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet various project deadlines.