GeoMetrix is looking for talented ambitious professionals! Please see the job descriptions below. Contact our office for additional information.
Intermediate Structural Engineer
We are looking for an intermediate structural engineer with over 4 years of experience in the structural design of buildings or bridges to join and contribute to our team. Your responsibilities will include solving technical engineering problems for a range of structural engineering problems for commercial, industrial, and transportation projects. Managing projects as well as the management and mentoring of junior staff will be required. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering and an M.Sc. or M.Eng. in Structural Engineering.
- Registration as a P.Eng. with APEGA or other provincial associations.
- Working knowledge of the National Building Code and Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code.
- Experience with steel, concrete, timber, and masonry design codes.
- Experience with structural analysis software (SAP2000 or S-Frame).
- Knowledge of local owner standards (Alberta Transportation, Saskatchewan Highways, BC Ministry of Transportation, City of Edmonton, etc.) would be an asset.
- Prior construction administration/management experience is preferred.
- Management of projects and mentoring of junior staff.
- Creating design sketches for drafting by CAD staff.
- Review of other engineer’s calculations.
- Solving engineering problems including creation of design notes.
- Development of engineering tools using software programs (MathCAD, Excel, TEDDS, etc.).
- Client liaison.
- Development and review (including stamping) of engineering reports, technical specifications, and other technical documents.